The UE Wonderboom 3 is an ultra-portable Bluetooth speaker that doesn’t compromise on sound quality despite its size. Great battery life, a waterproof design, and the option to pair the two for more powerful performance make for great value. On the other hand, no USB-C connector might be a problem for some. So is this speaker the best one for you? My UE Wonderboom 3 review will help you decide.
This article is updated for the Australian market regularly to include price changes and product updates.
UE Wonderboom 3: $98 at Amazon.com.au →
A solid choice for its size
Despite its portable size, the UE Wonderboom 3 (or Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 3 ) features impressive bass. In the midst of a plethora of mediocre Bluetooth speakers, UE’s most compact model stands out. It proves that smaller packages don’t have to mean sacrificing speaker performance and features.
If you’re looking for the best Bluetooth speaker under $100, the UE Wonderboom 3 might be the answer. It’s waterproof and has a special setting designed to improve the sound of music in open spaces, making it especially suitable for outdoor listening. Otherwise, 14 hours of playtime should keep the soundtrack moving along with the adventure. It definitely keeps up with my on-the-go lifestyle.
PRO: Durability that lasts long enough
- IP67 durability rating – It can resist dirt, dust and water submersion for as much as 30 minutes.
- The UE Wonderboom 3 has a battery life of 14 hours, which is an hour longer than the Wonderboom 2.
A small improvement, but still an upgrade that puts it in the best outdoor speakers list. For comparison: The Megaboom 3 lasts 20 hours while the Sonos Roam only lasts 10 hours.
Moreover, there’s an option for wireless charging available with purchase of dock.
- 360-degree sound – Overall, the Wonderboom 3’s sound performance is well balanced even at high volumes.
- The Outdoor Boost mode is an unbalanced feature, but suitable for outdoor listening where there are no walls to bounce the sound off of. Adjusting the sound profile to balance out the bass sounds weird when accidentally activated indoors, but it actually makes a difference outdoors. When you listen on the rooftop of your apartment building, Outdoor Boost will help the sound travel farther and beyond the hustle and noise of the city than when the setting isn’t enabled.
- You can pair 2 of them for stereo sound.
- Small, unhelpful elastic hoop.
CON: Missing features
- No speakerphone.
- No USB-C connector.
Where to buy the UE Wonderboom 3 in Australia
The UE Wonderboom 3 is one of the most versatile Bluetooth speakers under $100 that I’ve reviewed. The balanced sound, portable design, and boost functionality, make it a great companion for outdoor activities. 14 hours of battery life is enough for most people.
If you think you need more powerful sound or longer-lasting battery, the Megaboom 3 may be worth investing in instead. It can be paired with additional UE speakers for stereo sound too.
Otherwise, the UE Wonderboom 3 might be the best option of this price range.
BEST VALUE LINK
Please use the above link if you intend to make a purchase. You’ll get the lowest price, and help support our Australia-based staff of writers, editors, and photographers.
If you enjoyed reading our UE Wonderboom 3 review, please consider sharing our content on your preferred social media platforms. TechBest provides the latest gadget reviews, deals, and news from our Australia editorial desk.