The TP-Link Tapo Baby Monitor (C200) offers decent video quality and is easy to set up and use. Although, it doesn’t directly support cloud storage or automatic panning, it does offer a nice set of feature at a low price. If you’re looking for a basic home security camera, or an affordable and flexible indoor IP camera to add to your existing surveillance setup, the C200 might be a solid choice for you.
This article is updated for the Australian market regularly to include price changes and product updates.
TP-Link Tapo Baby Monitor: $56.59 at Amazon.com.au →
Powerful and easy to setup
The TP-Link Tapo Baby Monitor (aka TP-Link Tapo C200) is one of two indoor Wi-Fi cameras in TP-Link’s new Tapo series. Like the cheaper C100, it offers 1080p HD video with night vision. Additionally, it supports motion detection and two-way calling. Unlike C100, which has a fixed field of view, the C200 can pass through a 360-degree horizontal field of view and a 114-degree vertical field of view.
Recordings and snapshots are stored in the camera’s limited memory, but we recommend inserting an optional microSD card with up to 128 GB of storage space. No cloud-based storage for recordings. If you want to store it off-camera, you can set it up using surveillance software that supports the ONVIF standard.
- Pan-and-tilt support – The camera has a vertical range of 114° and a full 360° horizontal range, so you can see just about anywhere in the room with a tap of the TP-Link Tapo app which is available for both iOS and Android.
- Recording quality – The quality produced day and night is exceptionally clear. The camera can record 1080p video and the built-in 850nm IR LED allows you to see up to 9 meters at night.
PRO: App and value
- Companion apps can make or break a smart camera experience. The TP-Link Tapo app for iOS and Android is thankfully well designed. The app lets you view live streams from your cameras, and review captured footage in a timeline view. Moreover, it lets you use a two-way talk feature to chat with anyone you might see, and disable recording. Additionally, you can enable privacy mode and customize motion detection and alerts too.
- Amazingly wallet-friendly at $56.59 from Amazon AU for all the features the TP-Link Tapo C200 has to offer. Much cheaper than alternative options.
- Lack of notification customisation
- Limited scope for automation
- No cloud storage.
Where to buy the TP-Link Tapo Baby Monitor in Australia
TP-Link Tapo C200 offers excellent coverage with pan and tilt support, offering 360° horizontal coverage and 114° vertical coverage in any indoor area. Video quality is detailed day and night, with up to 9 meters of night vision provided, and the accompanying apps are mostly well built, despite lacking in a few useful features.
BEST VALUE LINK
Please use the above link if you intend to make a purchase. You’ll get the lowest price, and help support our Australia-based staff of writers, editors, and photographers.
If you enjoyed reading our TP-Link Tapo Baby Monitor review, please consider sharing our content on your preferred social media platforms. TechBest provides the latest gadget reviews, deals, and news from our Australia editorial desk.