Sony has been one of the biggest names in the television industry for years. Many factors have contributed to this, but the most important is the Sony’s ability to offer its premium line of TVs year after year that feature a superior visual and audio experience. In 2022, the company presents a new TV series with interesting datasheets and large displays. But is the price worth the Sony BRAVIA 50″ X75K 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Smart TV?
This article is updated for the Australian market regularly to include price changes and product updates.
Sony BRAVIA 50″ X75K 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Smart TV: $995 at Amazon.com.au →
Big Display options, but no HDR10+
Sony’s X75K TV Series are available in multiple panel sizes from 43 to 75 inches. We review the 50-inch which features Direct LED panel and is powered by Sony’s flagship 4K X1 processor. However, the panel does not have local dimming, instead the TV provides frame dimming. While this can help improve the visual experience, in many cases, especially dark scenes, the visual experience is a bit degraded with this technology.
Apart from that, Sony also equips the X75K with proprietary technologies such as 4K X-Reality PRO, Live Colour Technology and Dynamic Contrast Enhancer. All these technologies come together to create an immersive visual experience perfect for premium TVs. On the contrary, there’s no support for Dolby Vision or HDR10+.
PRO: Display performance
- Good SDR/ HDR performance – Even thought there’s no HDR10+ support, the X75K gets bright enough in scenes with plenty of light in them.
- Frame dimming – Really good low luminance of 0.2 nits.
- Impressive core hardware that makes the TV perform as it should, offering a lag-free viewing experience when watching 4K content.
PRO: Good sound performance
- A two-speaker setup in the base, hidden within the body of the unit. This is a 20W (10W+10W) open baffle speaker with good sound.
CON: Panel not competitive enough
- The panel – This premium TV does not handle some colours well. Scenes with sharp colour contrasts show that the TV cannot compete with more advanced OLED panel TVs. Some of which sell in a similar price range.
- Does not handle low light scenes very well.
- Color reproduction – Hard to figure out how to fix some minor colour reproduction inaccuracies.
- Expensive compared to alternative options.
Where to buy the Sony BRAVIA 50″ X75K 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Smart TV in Australia
If you’re looking for a TV that enhances the look of your living room and can handle bright environments thanks to its high brightness levels, this might be the best TV for you.
It additionally offers excellent SDR and HDR performance for the most part, making it a viable choice for multimedia content consumption. However, in the premium segment, subtle is not enough. Given its price, the Sony X75K is not an easy choice as it competes with very notable TVs such as the Xiaomi OLED Vision and the similarly priced Sony X80J. Both alternatives offer better colour reproduction and handling of dark sequences.
BEST VALUE LINK
Please use the above link if you intend to make a purchase. You’ll get the lowest price, and help support our Australia-based staff of writers, editors, and photographers.
If you enjoyed reading our Sony BRAVIA 50″ X75K 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Smart TV review, please consider sharing our content on your preferred social media platforms. TechBest provides the latest gadget reviews, deals, and news from our Australia editorial desk.