Modern society is based on multitasking. That’s exactly what Roborock’s latest hybrid vacuum and floor mopping robot, Roborock S7, does. On the contrary, dividing spaces on its companion app can be glitchy. This is why we review it for you.
This article is updated for the Australian market regularly to include price changes and product updates.
Roborock S7: $605 at Amazon.com.au →
A Hybrid Robot Cleaner for Multiple floor types
Until now, unmanned hybrid robots have never been allowed to run amok through a house with a full water tank. But the Roborock S7 is smart enough not to mop when it detects carpet, making it an interesting solution to a longstanding hurdle.
PRO: Vaccuming and Mopping Performance
- The Roborock app lets you choose between a standard mop that vacuums and mops at the same time, or deep cleaning. If you choose deep cleaning, the Roborock S7 moves in a tighter pattern, covering the designated area twice.
- Smart Mopping – Roborock S7 is smart enough to avoid mopping most carpets. Its mopping plate raises itself 5 millimeters to avoid wetting the rugs. Keep in mind, thicker rugs, such as door mats, might feel a bit damp after the S7 travels across them.
PRO: Mapping, Cleaning, Charging
- Mapping takes less than 5 minutes to complete – Roborock S7 is a relatively quick and intensive cleaner that offers robust overall performance. It uses Lidar for mapping. Once done, it starts cleaning methodologically, outlining the edges of a room. Moreover, it offers an auto-empty dock setting that works relatively well.
- Battery – The Roborock S7 will automatically return to its charging station if its battery levels drop low. It can run up to 3 hours on battery before it needs to be recharged.
CON: Dividing The Rooms
- Dividing spaces in app can be glitchy – You’ll have to create a new map if you moved it to a new location. This adds a bit of a confusion as you will have to tell your S7 which map to use for the cleaning route. Additionally, once you create a map on the app, Roborock will try to divide it into rooms which can get hectic especially with open floor plan houses.
CON: High Price
- Slightly expensive – While the Roborock S7 offers a variety of features, there are cheaper alternatives for those who don’t want to spend as much.
Where to buy the Roborock S7 in Australia
Roborock S7 is the first hybrid cleaning robot that can be left to clean unsupervised. The auto-rising rug detection setting when mopping, and the fast-vacuuming work consistently well. While it won’t clean your floors well enough to eat off of them, it does a good enough job to keep your house tight. The auto-empty dock is a nice addition if you suffer from allergies and want to simplify maintenance. If you are comfortable paying over $600 for a robot cleaner, Roborock S7 is a solid choice in Australia.
BEST VALUE LINK
Please use the above link if you intend to make a purchase. You’ll get the lowest price, and help support our Australia-based staff of writers, editors, and photographers.
If you enjoyed reading our Roborock S7 review, please consider sharing our content on your preferred social media platforms. TechBest provides the latest gadget reviews, deals, and news from our Australia editorial desk.