The Garmin Fenix 6, if not the best multisport smartwatch money can buy, offers performance and adventure tracking, offering GPS-based mapping for just about any outdoor activity imaginable. However, it has its drawbacks. It comes with a hefty price tag that puts most people off.
This article is updated for the Australian market regularly to include price changes and product updates.
Garmin Fenix 6 Pro: $648 at Amazon.com.au →
Train Harder And Race Smarter
Garmin’s Fenix 6 series launch made me feel both excited and confused. Excited because of the sports features updates which makes the watches more impressive. On the other hand, confused because there are 19 new watches to choose from, with some of them not even including previous model features.
For simplicity’s sake, it’s best to think of the new Fenix 6 series Pro watches as successors to the Fenix 5 Plus series.
- Durability – The Fenix 6 Pro is built with a durable stainless steel bezel. This is a scratch-resistant sapphire lens, and a silicone or nylon strap that can withstand the toughest outdoor conditions.
- GPS and Navigation – With GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo satellite systems, the Fenix 6 Pro provides accurate location tracking and navigation. It also comes with preloaded topographic maps, ski maps, and golf course maps.
PRO: Features & Battery Life
- Fitness and Health – The Fenix 6 Pro has a wide range of fitness tracking features. Heart rate monitoring, VO2 max, training load, recovery time, and sleep tracking are the main ones. It also has a Pulse Ox sensor for altitude acclimation and a Body Battery feature that tells you when to rest or when to push yourself.
- Battery Life – The Fenix 6 Pro has an impressive battery life of up to 14 days in smartwatch mode, up to 10 hours in GPS mode with music, and up to 36 hours in GPS mode without music.
CON: Size & Price
- Size and Weight: The Fenix 6 Pro is a bulky and heavy watch.
- Price: The Fenix 6 Pro is one of the most expensive GPS smartwatches on the market.
CON: UI & Ecosystem
- User Interface: The Fenix 6 Pro has a complex and overwhelming user interface.
- Limited App Ecosystem: The Fenix 6 Pro runs on Garmin’s proprietary operating system, which has a limited number of third-party apps compared to other smartwatches.
Where to buy the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro in Australia
Overall, the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro is a high-end GPS smartwatch that is designed for outdoor adventurers and fitness enthusiasts who demand the best features and durability. While it comes with a hefty price tag, its impressive battery life, accurate GPS and fitness tracking, and rugged design make it a worthwhile investment for serious athletes and outdoor enthusiasts.
BEST VALUE LINK
Please use the above link if you intend to make a purchase. You’ll get the lowest price, and help support our Australia-based staff of writers, editors, and photographers.
If you enjoyed reading our Garmin Fenix 6 Pro review, please consider sharing our content on your preferred social media platforms. TechBest provides the latest gadget reviews, deals, and news from our Australia editorial desk.