The Fitbit Charge 5 is a fitness tracker watch that offers a variety of features such as heart rate monitoring, activity tracking, sleep tracking, GPS connectivity and smartwatch features. It has a battery life of up to 7 days and is also water resistant. That aside, let’s find out if the premium price tag worth the product.
This article is updated for the Australian market regularly to include price changes and product updates.
Fitbit Charge 5: $229.45 at Amazon.com.au →
Fitbit Charge 5 Review: Track Your Fitness and Daily Activity
The Fitbit Charge 5 is a fitness tracker that provides a wide range of advanced features for monitoring and tracking your activity and health. Comes with 2 different band sizes (S and L), the Charge 5 features a heart rate sensor for monitoring your heart rate, activity tracking for steps, calories burned, and active minutes, sleep tracking for insights on improving sleep quality. Additionally, it also offers limited smartwatch features such as notifications, music control, and contactless payments.
Expensive but Better Design and Extensive Features
Compared to its predecessor the Fitbit Charge 4, the Charge 5 comes with a slightly larger display than the Charge 4 and also has an always-on display option, making it easier to read your stats at a glance. Further to that, the Charge 5 offers more smartwatch features compared to Charge 4, such as the ability to control your music as well as make contactless payments. Although the Charge 5 has more features and better design than the Charge 4, but it also comes with a higher price tag. For the price, I do wish it has more options on the watch face.
PRO: Well-rounded quality device with excellent battery life
- Advanced health tracking: Boasts advanced health tracking features such as heart rate monitoring and SpO2 sensors
- Accurate tracking: Accurately track steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, and sleep
- Long battery life: Compared to other premium fitness tracker watch, the device can last up to 7 days on a single charge
- Water resistant: The Charge 5 is water resistant up to 50 meters
- On-device GPS: Comes with built-in GPS
CON: Additional costs required to enjoy full features
- Paid subscription required to get all premium features such as stress and mindfulness as well as sleep insights
CON: Limited features and support
- Limited app support: The device has a limited number of apps available
- No voice assistant: The device doesn’t have a built-in voice assistant like Alexa or Google Assistant
- Limited customization options: The face watch customization options are limited compared to other smartwatches
Where to buy the Fitbit Charge 5 in Australia
The Fitbit Charge 5 has a premium price point which may not be affordable for everyone. Although it has limited smartwatch features compared to some other smartwatches in the market, the Charge 5 is a well-rounded and quality device that can be a great option for individuals looking to improve their fitness and health as it offers extensive health and fitness tracker features.
BEST VALUE LINK
Please use the above link if you intend to make a purchase. You’ll get the lowest price, and help support our Australia-based staff of writers, editors, and photographers.
If you enjoyed reading our product review, please consider sharing our content on your preferred social media platforms. TechBest provides the latest gadget reviews, deals, and news from our Australia editorial desk.