Bose holds the title “King of ANC”, and they might keep it for the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II too. Although, it has top tier ANC and some interesting app utility, it lacks some features and is pricey. Therefore, it is a questionable choice.
This article is updated for the Australian market regularly to include price changes and product updates.
Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II: $429 at Amazon.com.au →
The company has had mixed success with its workout-friendly options, but how does their flagship headphone products compare to others on the market?
Available in triple black or soapstone (black or off-white, respectively), the QC Earbuds II stick out of the case in a way that many truly wireless headphones don’t. A silicone stability band (in sizes S, M, L) wraps around the body of each ear tip, forming a kind of ridge that allows the pair to be easily removed from the case. Thus, if you’ve ever struggled to remove your shiny AirPods from their slippery case, you’ve come to the right place.
PRO: A Secure Fit and Decent Battery Life
- Secure fit – The oval silicone ear tips (available in size S, M, L) work with the band to fit securely in your ear and they don’t often require adjustment.
- Playtime – Bose says the QuietComfort Earbuds II will last you about 6 hours on a single charge, and the case has 18 hours of battery life.
PRO: “Aware Mode”, “ActiveSense”, EQ sound, and the companion app
- Aware Mode- Turn on Aware mode if you want to hear your surroundings. This is Bose’s name for what others call “transparent mode”. Therefore, when Aware mode is on, the earbuds pass background noise through the headset to alert you.
- ActiveSense – ActiveSense uses ANC to reduce the volume of some unpredictable sounds as they occur. That way, if you drive past a construction site with Aware Mode enabled, you won’t be dazzled by the sounds of workers’ tools.
- Active EQ with balanced sound. Additionally, their companion app (available for Android and iOS) lets you create and customize profiles regarding ANC features.
CON: Missing Features
- ANC – No way to turn off noise cancellation altogether.
- Wireless charging – Case doesn’t support wireless charging.
- Pricey compared to competitors and alternatives.
Where to buy the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II in Australia
The Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II represent progress rather than significant improvements. The earbuds and case have a new look, the app has some new features, and the active noise canceling is one of the best on the market.
On the other hand, they lack of some features and are pricey compared to competitor and alternative products of their class.
BEST VALUE LINK
Please use the above link if you intend to make a purchase. You’ll get the lowest price, and help support our Australia-based staff of writers, editors, and photographers.
If you enjoyed reading our Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II review, please consider sharing our content on your preferred social media platforms. TechBest provides the latest gadget reviews, deals, and news from our Australia editorial desk.